Grace Updates at mygrace.church
With the developing situation regarding COVID-19, we've created at special page you can use to track updates from Grace. Please visit mygrace.church/updates for current news as well as previous updates.
You can address any questions or comments at the updates page!
At Grace, we have several ways of staying connected to God and to each other. Just because we are now practicing social distancing doesn't mean that we need to be socially isolated! Here are a few ways we'll work to keep our connections tight:
Sunday Services & Children's Sunday School
- Worship with us live online at 10am on Sunday by watching (and commenting!) in our live-streamed service! Hey, it's your chance to belt out those worship tunes in your own home as you get your worship on with us! Visit mygrace.church/livestream for the details.
- Parents/Grandparents/Caregivers - Check out messages and lessons from Miss Melanie and Miss Lucy at mygrace.church/children. Please don't miss out on virtual lessons, parent tips and resources! Grab your Bible and join us!
- Our newly formed CommTeam (fancy name for the small group of us who will put tools in your hands to stay connected) will be rolling out an easy-to-use video-conferencing tool called Zoom. A few groups have already used it to meet...you can see each other, and talk about the topics you usually do in your group meetings. We'll be reaching out and helping leaders to get set up. For participants, it's as easy as clicking a link in order to join a Zoom meeting!
- Once we get going, you can even use Zoom to stay connected with friends and family who live far away, or who might be feeling isolated due to the social distancing in effect.
- And! We're kinda jazzed at the prospect of setting up some new groups using Zoom...so if you aren't part of a small group now, this might be a great and easy way for you to connect.
If you need help, or if you can help others, please let us know. Email Sue ([email protected])
Status of Upcoming Events
Of course, many of our envisioned events need to be rescheduled or cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic and our concerns to do the right thing and be responsible to others' health and safety. Here's a run-down of things we've had on our Grace calendar:
In general all events, groups, and meetings planned to be held at the Grace facility are cancelled or postponed. As mentioned in the prior article about staying connected, we are going to help leaders to use a tool called Zoom to stay connected with their groups.
Sunday Services - Please don't come to the church building for the usual 9:00am and 10:45am services. Instead, join us live at 10am (see mygrace.church/livestream for details).
G-City Week - We have had to cancel this G-City (3/26-3/28). Once things are back to normal, we plan to hold our future G-City events.
Women's Retreat - Previously planned for 3/28, this event is postponed.
Alpha - We are not going to meet at Grace, but are figuring out now how to get back on track to hold our remaining sessions, likely using the Zoom tool.
Easter - We will not meet at Grace for Palm Sunday. Grace leaders will meet April 6th to determine next steps for Holy Week and Easter events.