Financial help when you need it the most
“....so then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.” — Galatians 6:9-10
The first Sunday of each month, Grace attenders have an opportunity in the back of the sanctuary to give a little extra to a fund that directly helps people in our church community when they face serious circumstances and need a little help. Since 2012, this fund has been used to disburse over $33,000 to people in need.
Purpose of the Benevolence Fund
▪ Exists to minister to those who are going through serious financial crisis
▪ Intended to be temporary in nature and used only as a last resort after obtaining help from family, friends, and personal savings
▪ Approvable disbursements include (but are not limited to): housing, food, clothing, funeral expenses, professional counseling, and necessary medical treatment and medications
▪ Administered by the Benevolence Team, in accordance with the Grace Benevolence Fund Policy
▪ Disbursements made directly to third-party agencies such as utility companies, landlords, etc. (cash will never be given out from the Benevolence Fund) have annual limits per family
▪ Small amounts may be given out in the form of gas cards, bus passes or grocery gift certificates
▪ Other support (financial, career counseling, etc.) also offered at Grace or via referral, as needed
▪ Follow instructions carefully and complete a Benevolence Fund request (below).
▪ Drop completed form at church office, or scan & email to the Benevolence Team.