“....so then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.” — Galatians 6:9-10
The first Sunday of each month, Grace attenders have an opportunity in the back of the sanctuary to give a little extra to a fund that directly helps people in our church community when they face serious circumstances and need a little help. Since 2012, this fund has been used to disburse over $33,000 to people in need.
Purpose of the Benevolence Fund
▪ Exists to minister to those who are going through serious financial crisis
▪ Intended to be temporary in nature and used only as a last resort after obtaining help from family, friends, and personal savings
▪ Approvable disbursements include (but are not limited to): housing, food, clothing, funeral expenses, professional counseling, and necessary medical treatment and medications
▪ Administered by the Benevolence Team, in accordance with the Grace Benevolence Fund Policy
▪ Disbursements made directly to third-party agencies such as utility companies, landlords, etc. (cash will never be given out from the Benevolence Fund) have annual limits per family
▪ Small amounts may be given out in the form of gas cards, bus passes or grocery gift certificates
▪ Other support (financial, career counseling, etc.) also offered at Grace or via referral, as needed
▪ Follow instructions carefully and complete a Benevolence Fund request (below).
▪ Drop completed form at church office, or scan & email to the Benevolence Team.