Grace Pastor Search Survey
We really want you to participate in our survey to collect your thoughts and opinions concerning our next lead pastor and your relationship with Grace.
If you would prefer to fill in a paper copy of the survey, please contact the office at 520-575-1444, or by email at [email protected], and one will be sent to you.
Please complete the survey as soon as possible. We'd like to have them all completed by Sunday, August 16th at the latest.
Thanks for your help, and continue to pray for team!
Grace Pastoral Search Team (PST)
Send emails to [email protected].
Rick Sims (chair) | Donna Bloomberg | Hannah Lehardy | Jennifer Pierpont
Jim Heddles | Mack Good | Meta Mason | Tim Henson
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Pray for the team to be good listeners …
- To each other.
- To the congregation as they give input and feedback.
- To helpful advisors from the Covenant.
- To the Holy Spirit.
Pray for the team to discern together, with the Holy Spirit ..
- How to accurately describe our church.
- How to articulate the type of pastor we are looking for.
- God’s timing for the different activities.
- When and how to make important decisions.
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. (James 1:6)
Report 2 - July 25, 2020
Hi to everyone from the PST. In June, we promised you a monthly update. So this one, while still in July, is a bit late. We’ll get better at this.
The last six weeks have seen much happen in the lives of some of our team. Please pray for Jim and Brenda, that Brenda’s ankle and back continue to heal, praise and thanks that they can enjoy their family in California, and for a safe return to Tucson in two weeks. Also prayers for Meta and family as they are traveling back to Tucson right now. And thanks for Mack’s and Jennifer’s safe travels and their time with their families. Thank you all for your prayers.
In the time we have been together, it has been a joy to see how each member of the team adds so much to the group. Each unique and important; each a blessing to the team. We are very thankful for each other.
The congregational survey is 99 percent complete. The team will meet Monday (7/27) to finalize and then make it available via the church website. Please take some thoughtful time to fill out the survey. It is vital to our team to know how God is leading each of you. We’ll be providing a summary of the survey results in a few weeks. The survey will help us in completing a church profile, which is our next task.
We will be contacting each of you in a couple of weeks to provide opportunities to talk to the team directly. We will be organizing Zoom meetings with each of the small groups, open groups (for those not in small groups), and ministry teams. And if Zoom is not your cup of tea, please let us know, and we can chat by phone (imagine that!).
In our last update, we provided details of Phase One, which finishes with the church and pastor profiles. We also promised details of Phase Two which begins with identifying prospective pastoral candidates and ends with calling our new pastor. We’ll provide those details in our August update. Which will be in a couple of weeks!
We continue to trust, listen, and pray. And are thankful for each of you.
The Pastoral Search Team
Report 1 - June 8, 2020
Greetings to all our Grace family. This is the first monthly update on the progress in Grace’s search for our next pastor. We’ll be putting one of these out the first week of each month.
Here are the phases of the search process, with an estimation of the entire process taking 10-15 months, starting from April.
- Phase 1 - Team setup, survey, and church and pastor profiles (Goal: Profiles complete.)
- Phase 2 - Initial position postings (Goal: Get the word out on position.)
- Phase 3 - Interviewing prospects (Goal: Identify God's potential pastor.)
- Phase 4 - Final decision (Goal: Prepare candidate and congregation to discern God's call.)
We are in the middle of Phase 1 and details on Phase 1 are provided below.
We get excited just thinking about what is in store. One of our main goals is to share that excitement with you in these monthly updates. In our prayers and meetings, we have been given two words: “Trust” and “Listen”. As our team moves forward, we are committed to listening to the leading of the Holy Spirit, to each other, and to you. And we are committed to place our trust in God, our team, and the Grace Family, that by listening humbly, we will find the pastor God has for us.
Trusting and listening,
The Grace Pastoral Search Team
Phase 1 - Preparation
1) Establishment of Pastoral Search Team (May)
- Selection of team
- Meetings every other Monday evening
- Monthly congregational updates (1st week of month)
- Foundation of prayer - as a team, with identified prayer supporters
2) Church and Pastor profile (June-August)
- Standard fill-in format for PSWC
- To be used by PSWC to make initial connections to prospective candidates
- Grace Church Profile
- We will make this one “from scratch”
- Communicate the Heart of Grace
- Provide to all prospective candidates
- Complete Grace Church survey
- Develop a survey form and distribute to each member of the Grace Family
- Cover demographics, worship preferences, sermon preferences, ministry participation, thoughts on roles of pastor, focus of ministry, strengths/challenges
- Distribute, collect, consolidate
- Small Group and Focus Group meetings
- Members of GST will meet with all Grace Small Groups to have face-to-face (zoom) discussions regarding concerns, questions, guidance.
- Additional meetings will be scheduled for members of the Grace Family not in Small Groups
- Survey Report
- Prepare summary report of survey results and Small Group discussions
- Provide to Foundations Team for development of Pastor Profile
- Complete Pastor Profile
- This will be done by Foundations Team with information from GST
- Discern characteristics of a person to lead you into church’s vision
- Discern short list of top priorities of characteristics to consider in reviewing profiles
- Communicate final Pastor Profile to Grace Family and provide to PSWC and prospective candidates
Phase 2 - Initial tasks
Details coming in July.