In This Together
We ask for your grace and support as we navigate plans to enable us to regather at Grace and work to discern what God wants of us each step of the way. We welcome your input (see the form below), and need your prayers.
While most will recover from Covid-19 there is a vulnerable population that benefits from us taking simple precautions.
Back to 2 Live Services Starting 11/29
This year, Advent starts on 11/29. With it, Grace starts some new things!
- New Sermon Series: "Come Home for Christmas"
- New Service Schedule: We'll be back to 9am and 10:45am services in the Sanctuary! (We will still be Live-streaming also)
- New Formats:
- 9am - Sunday School for all ages (Children, Youth, Adults)
- 9am - Children invited into worship for Children's Message (then to classes as parents desire)
- 10:45 - All Worship (no Children's studies, although special needs & infant care will be available)
Our plan includes the following progressive steps to re-opening Grace. We recognize that this plan could change depending on case counts and trends locally and in our state.
- As of September 13th we have been open to small groups at the church.
- As of October 18th we have been holding live worship service at 10am in the sanctuary with live streaming and youth and children ministries. Seating is liminted due to social distancing, and we request registering prior to arriving (registration emails go out the Sunday prior to the next Sunday service).
- Starting November 29th, we plan to reinstate two live worship services as described above.
- We've held two outdoor evening services in the Grace parking lot. Future outdoor service dates and times will be shared as they are determined.
While at Grace, we will ask people to wear a mask, socially distance from others, practice good hand hygiene, and use hand sanitizer. Our Grace Youth have produced a short video to help guide everyone on how to wipe down rooms before and after use.
Registering to Attend
Due to the limited seating, we ask you to register ahead of time (registration will open the Sunday prior to the service, and close the Friday prior to the service).
In addition to sending a weekly email with the registration link, you can find the current registration link on our mygrace.church/updates page.
What to Expect
When you arrive at Grace, please follow the directions of our Ushering team. They are there to help guide you to socially distanced seats, ensure you have and are wearing your face-covering (masks will be available if you need them), hold doors for you, and assist you as needed. While we will have hand sanitizer available, we recommend you bring your own...same for face coverings!
Children's Ministry is open, too! Please use the gate west of the main breezeway entrance to check in your children. Kids age 5 and older will need to wear a face covering while at Grace. At this time, we won't have teen helpers in the children's areas. Visit mygrace.church/children for more info.
Until we are farther along, we won't be offering our Common Grounds (refreshments), but if you want to bring your own drink, you're welcome to do that.
Individual communion servings will be available. You are welcome to partake of that during the communion portion of the service, or feel free to take it home to enjoy later.
We will collect offering using a box where you can drop your offering. If you have cash, please consider using a giving envelope before depositing your offering in the box. Of course, texting your offering (text "gracetucson" to 73256), giving online at mygrace.church/generosity or mailing your offering in are all acceptable methods, too!
Returning to Church
When you're ready to come back, please observe safety guidelines to protect yourself and others. If you'd like to reserve a room for your meeting or small group, please fill out an Event Request and our staff will get back to you to confirm or help modify the date/time/resources as need be.
Our Grace youth put together a short video to show you how to (and how not to) come back to church! Take a peek:
Frequently Asked Questions
For a little more in-depth information, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page by clicking the button below. Didn't see your question there? Please feel free to fill out the form below to let us know your thoughts!
SRTF - Our "Safely Re-Opening Task Force"
Our team is comprised of Grace members who care about you and love you!
- Rob Baker
- Paula Sims
- Harriet Diss
- Rod Peterson
- Pastor Duane Cross
- Pastor Brian Brinkley
- Janette Henson
- Paul Beringer
- Sue Montanez
We encourage you to reconnect / stay connected with each other and with God. We are all tired of the virus and would like things to go back to the way they were. We are seeing the effects of quarantine fatigue.
- if you are sick please stay home
- wear a mask...remember, my mask protects you and your mask protects me
- social distance by staying 6 feet away from others
- good hand hygiene
- increase the size of your social circle when you feel safe
- stay aware of COVID-19 case counts and trends to inform your decisions (Click here for AZ Dept of Health site)
- Follow the CDC Guidelines to help prevent becoming sick or spreading the virus (Click here for CDC Guidelines)
We encourage you to:
- watch Grace’s streamed worship service Sunday morning and as soon as you feel safe invite friends over to watch with you
- meet again as a life group as soon as you feel safe
- start a group, contact Sue our Connections Director ([email protected])